Logo Veiligheidsregio Kennemerland

Information for refugees

On this page you can read the frequently asked questions in English and Ukrainian.

1. Financial

Do Ukrainian refugees receive financial support?

Adults and children receive €260 per month, per person. They can use this to buy, for example, food, clothing and other personal items.

In addition to the living allowance, refugees staying with a host family receive an additional monthly allowance. This additional amount is €215 for adults and €55 for children. Refugees can use this money for public transport costs, to visit family or to participate in sport. They can also use this money to contribute to the costs of the host family, but this is not a requirement.

If a refugee starts paid employment, the living allowance will be stopped. The refugee must report this to the municipality. The living allowance will then be stopped from the first day of the following month.

Opening a bank account

Refugees from Ukraine who do not have an operational bank account can open one at, for example, Bunq Bank. A text with instructions in Ukrainian can be found below the English text. You do not need to have a citizen service number (BSN) to open an account at this bank. More information can be found at, for example, the website of Bunq together.

Information on how to open a bank account as an Ukrainian citizen

2. Healthcare, income and education

How do I get access to medical assistance?

Refugees wishing to visit a GP should speak with the contact person at the municipal reception centre. Refugees not staying at a municipal reception centre may register with the GP of the person they are staying with, who will them refer them to the appropriate medical professional.

The CAK has stated that refugees from Ukraine are fully covered for medical care through the Subsidy Scheme for Medically Necessary Care for Uninsured Persons. All medical expenses for medical care provided to refugess from Ukraine is covered. Patients are not required to contribute. The municipality is responsible for arranging psychosocial and acute medical care.

For more information, please visit the website Zorgverzekeringslijn.

In the event of life-threatening situation, you should call 112 If you need acute care in the evening or at the weekend, call the out-of-hours GP service (huisartsenpost) or the emergency medical centre (spoedpost) in the municipality where you are staying. 

Can I receive money from the municipality or the central government for my stay in the Netherlands?

The central government is making arrangements for Ukrainian refugees regarding living expenses and insurance. Once more is known about this, it will be reported here.

When can my children go to school?

Children aged 5 to 17 who have arrived in the Netherlands from Ukraine are entitled to education. Children aged 4 and 5 can be enrolled in a regular primary school in the area. Children aged 6 and older can receive ‘education for newcomers’, where they learn subjects such as the Dutch language. This education is free. You can register your child for one of the schools listed below.

For the municipalities of Haarlem, Zandvoort, Velsen, Heemstede and Bloemendaal:

  • Primary education (up to 12 years):
    Pr. Beatrixdreef 6, 2033 TX Haarlem, tel. 023 – 7078260, email:
  • Secondary education (from 12 years):
    Schoterstraat 4, 2021 HH Haarlem, tel. 06-46227731, email:

For the municipalities of Beverwijk, Haarlemmermeer, Heemskerk and Uitgeest, please enquire at the respective municipality.

I have a pet – should I take it to the vet?

Due to the situation, the rules for refugees travelling with pets from Ukraine and Russia have been temporarily eased. As rabies occurs in these countries, it is very important that the animals are seen by a vet as soon as possible. In this way we can prevent refugees travelling with their pets from Ukraine and Russia from inadvertently bringing rabies into the Netherlands.

Please note: these exceptions do not apply to pets without an owner; it is better to help the animals there. If you are bitten or scratched by an animal from these countries, visit your GP or the municipal health service (GGD) in your area. Try also to avoid other types of contact with these animals, such as licking, as much as possible.

For more informatie visit the website Aid for Ukraine animals.

3. Housing

I have fled from the Ukraine and need a place to stay. Where can I turn to?

Call the regional helpdesk for questions about the reception of refugees from the Ukraine. You can reach the helpdesk between 08.30 - 22.30h by calling 023 5115550. Refugees seeking shelter are registered via the helpdesk and referred to locations in the Kennemerland Security Region.

Can I choose my own place to stay?

When you apply for shelter, the municipality checks where there is room for you. You cannot make your own choice. However, you can, of course, arrange your own shelter.

4. Registration

How can I register in the Netherlands?

If you have fled the Ukraine, you can register in the municipality where you are staying (temporarily). This is done in the Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen, BRP). This applies to people who can prove by means of a passport that they have Ukrainian nationality. They must also have a (temporary) residential address. You can register with the municipality where you are received. You can find the latest information on registration at the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND).

How long can I stay?

You can travel visa-free through Europe (and therefore also to the Netherlands) thanks to a treaty with the European Union. A biometric passport allows you to stay in our country for 90 days. It is also possible to apply for a short stay visa for 90 days. So, you do not have to worry about your right of residence.

1. фінансовий

Чи отримують біженці з України фінансову підтримку?

Як дорослі, так і діти отримуватимуть по 260 євро на особу в місяць. На ці кошти можна купувати, наприклад, їжу, одяг чи інші особисті речі. Крім того, переселенці, які проживають у сім’ях, в додаток до базової грошової допомоги отримуватимуть допомогу у розмірі 215 євро на дорослого та 55 євро на дитину в місяць. Ці кошти можуть бути використані для оплати проїзду, відвідин родичів, занять спортом тощо. Крім того, ці кошти можуть бути використані для компенсації витрат приймаючої родини, проте це не є обов’язковим.

У випадку, якщо переселенець знаходить оплачувану роботу, виплата грошової допомоги припиняється. Про вихід на роботу необхідно повідомити муніципалітет, після чого виплату грошової допомоги буде зупинено з 1 числа наступного місяця.


Відкрити банківський рахунок

Біженці з України, які не мають (дійсного) банковського рахунку, можуть відкрити його, наприклад, у Bunq Bank. Під англійським тестом наведені інструкції українською мовою. Для того, щоб відкрити рахунок у цьому банку, вам не потрібен номер BSN.

Длоя додаткової інформації дивитесь:

відкриття банківського рахунку громадянами України

2. Медичне обслуговування, виплати та навчання

Яким чином я можу отримати медичне обслуговування?

Переселенці, яким необхідно призначити прийом до лікаря, мають звернутися до контактних осіб від муніципалітету, присутніх в місці перебування біженців. Якщо ви проживаєте в сім’ї, ви можете звернутися до домашнього лікаря, до яких записана приймаюча вас родина. Домашній лікар надасть всю необхідну інформацію.

CAK зазначив, що медична допомога біженцям з України повністю відшкодовується за схемою субсидій на необхідну медичну допомогу незастрахованим особам. За медичну допомогу біженцям з України відшкодовуються всі витрати на охорону здоров’я. Від пацієнта не вимагається жодного внеску. Муніципалітет організовує психосоціальну та невідкладну медичну допомогу.

Додаткову інформацію можна знайти на:
українець | Engels | Nederlands - Zorgverzekeringslijn

Коли моя дитина зможе піти до школи чи до дитячого садочку?

Діти віком від 5 до 17 років, які приїхали до Нідерландів з України, мають право на отримання освіти. Діти віком 4 та 5 років можуть бути зачислені до найближчої місцевої початкової школи. Діти від 6 років можуть розпочати навчання для в класі для тих, хто тільки приїхав до країни, де вони вивчають, окрем іншого, нідерландську мову. Ця освіта безкоштовна. Ви можете самостійно зареєструвати свою дитину в одній із шкіл, список яких наведено нижче.

Для муніципалітетів Харлем, Зандворт, Велзен, Гемстеде та Блюмендал:

  • Початкова освіта (до 12 років):
    Адреса: Pr. Beatrixdreef 6, 2033 TX Haarlem, тел. 023 – 7078260, адреса ел.пошти:
  • Середня освіта (діти старше 12 років):
    Адреса: Schoterstraat 4, 2021 HH Haarlem, тел. 06-46227731, адреса ел.пошти:

Для отримання інформації в муніципалітетах Бевервайк, Гарлеммермеєр, Геймскерк та Аутхейст звертайтеся до відповідних мерій.

Моя домашня тварина приїхала зі мною. Чи потрібно мені звернутися до ветеринара?

З огляду на ситуацію, в Нідерландах тимчасово послабили вимоги до біженців, які прибувають з України та Росії разом з домашніми тваринами. Оскільки в названих країнах зустрічаються випадки захворювання на сказ (rabiës), дуже важливо якнайшвидше показати тварину ветеринару. Таким чином ми намагаємся зробитиь все можливе, щоби попередити розповсюдження сказу серед тварин у Нідерландах.

Звертаємо вашу увагу, що подібні винятки з правил не розповсюджуються на домашніх тварин без власників. Таким тваринам потрібно допомагати там, де вони знаходяться. Якщо вас покусала чи подряпала тварина з Україні чи Росії, зверніться до домашнього лікаря чи в місцеве відділення муніципальної служби охорони здоров’я (GGD). Намагайтеся уникати будья-яких контактів з такими тваринами, наприклад, не дозволяйте тваринам себе лизати.

Допомога для тварин з України


3. Розміщення

Я зміг (змогла) втекти з України та потребую місця для проживання. Куди мені можна звернутися?

Зателефонуйте на регіональну лінію, та спитайте про розміщення біженців з України. Лінія працює без вихідних з 8:30 до 22:30 за номером телефону 023-5115550. Працівники лінії запишуть дані біженців та нададуть необхідну інформацію щодо можливостей розміщення в регіоні безпеки Кенемерланд (Kennemerland).

Чи можу я самостійно вибирати місце для проживання?

Якщо ви звернулися про надання вам прихистку, муніципалітет самостійно вирішує, які варіанти розміщення можливо вам запропонувати. Ви не можете самостійно обрати місце. Проте ви можете, звичайно, самостійно шукати інші варіанти для вашого проживання.

4. Регістрація

Як я можу зареєструватися в Нідерландах?

Українці біженці можуть зареєструватися в муніципалітеті, де вони знайшли (тимчасове) проживання. Дані про зареєстровану особу вносяться до реєстру фізичних осіб (BRP). Реєстрація проводиться для осіб, які мають документи, що підтверджують українську національність. Крім цього потрібно надати відомості щодо (тимчасової) адреси проживання.

Актуальну інформацію про правила реєстрації ви можете знайти на сайті Іміграційної служби (IND).

Як довго я можу тут залишатись?

Ви можете без візи вільно подорожувати Європою (а значить, і Нідерландами), завдяки декрету Європейського Союзу. З біометричним паспортом ви можете залишатися в Ніделандах протягом 90 днів. Після завершення цього періоду ви можете подати запит про продовження візи ще на 90 днів. Таким чином вам не треба хвилюватися про ваше право перебування в Нідерландах.